24 Jul 2010

And Then I Did Some Painting….

It being a nice day an’ all, I took myself and my kit into the garden and did a bit of painting. it was the first bit of painting I’ve done for some considerable time and, as I remembered, found it very relaxing.

What with the warm sun, the smell of flowers, bird song and the drone of a high flying single prop plane above, I soon slipped into a semi trance state and the brush became an extension of my inner self and just flowed over the work.

I was very pleased with the final result, in fact so pleased I considered hanging it on the dining room wall. After giving it further thought, I reluctantly decided the dining room wall was quite possibly not the place to hang a black garden gate. Other than as a tremendous conversation starter;

“Hullo.”
“Hullo. Oh, I see you’ve got a garden gate hanging on the wall.”
“Yup.”
A black one.”
Yup.”
“Well, that’s, err, that’s.. Whoa, will you just look at the time! Have I been here THAT long? Gotta go! 'By.” Patter patter patter patter patter……
“'By.”
Gate ‘Gate’
{33” X 36” - Black gloss on primed wood.}

While painting the gate I did, of course, get paint on my shirt so needed to give it a wash. ‘Look at those stains! And it has to be ready for tomorrow! I’d better get this right first time!’ It didn’t matter how many times I said it, or how irritatingly whiny I made my voice, that woman in the pinkie/reddish T-shirt didn’t materialize to help with that miracle stain dissolving, shifting looking stuff. Oh, and who’s this Steve fellow? What’s happened to Gavin from Autoglass? I’m getting a tad concerned.


Quote; Al Capp.

“Abstract art? A product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.”

2 comments:

Caratacus said...

Look Foggy, if you keep on doing worthy things like that I'm going to stop reading your blog. It'll give the memsahib ideas...

Mac said...

Hay, it's just the one gate. Promise. And it doesn't look as good as what it do in the picture even. It's 75% stuck green fly....