19 Aug 2007

And Then I Got Some Bulbs.........

By this I mean planty type bulbs not lighty type bulbs of course. All my lighty type bulbs are those super energy saving type and, wow! what a difference those have made - they tell me.

The planty type bulbs were bought in Amsterdam and where better to get 'em? They know all there is to know about planty bulbs over there - they tell me.

After buying the bulbs I asked the planty bulb selling person when I should stuff them in the ground. And, me being a green fingered type of chap, which way up.

"September or October. As long as the soil isn't too wet."

Kind of wished I had asked this before I handed over my Euros as the garden seems to have been under water for as long as I can remember.

"Oh, and the rooty bit goes down."

"Ah, ha!! That's why the last lot never showed up then."

Quote;

Most people give off as much heat as a 100 watt bulb, but not as much light.

No comments: