23 Jan 2023

And Then I’ll Seek Advice...

   Advice for wot now? Why my tax return of course as I see that government fellow with the typical English name had an oops moment when completing his tax return a little bit after a while ago. And for a while this fellow was responsible for the whole countries finances? Think about that...
   Really? He does his own tax return? Not all the accountancy folk wot I’m sure work for him? So was it an oops moment or a damn, they caught me moment?
   Anyhoo, if he has a bit of time back end of this year I’ll be asking him for advice as to how to shave a couple of quid off my own tax owed.
   Let’s give that no never mind and have a bit o’ feel good music.

Quote;  Russell Baker.

“The Taxpayer’s prayer: Oh Mighty Internal Revenue Service, who turneth the labour of man to ashes, we thank thee for the multitude of thy forms which thou hast set before us and for the infinite confusion of thy commandments, which mulitplyth the fortunes of lawyer and accountant alike.”

No comments: