21 Jan 2022

And Then, Way Back...

   Let’s take a break from co-co and sabre rattling at Vlad the Lad for a while.
   However, before that, click on this for some alarming figures relating to
young men suffering ticker problems. Click on the image to embigen. This could prove a tad problematic for Savage Jabbit and so many others could it not? 
   Hay! How about creating a spot o’ bother on the mainland, declaring a state of emergency that requires conscription into the armed forces for males of eighteen and over, ship ‘em all off to the Ukraine and shortly thereafter start sadly reporting many deaths due to extremely hostile, perilous and difficult conditions? Only kidding... At this time.
   Anyhoo, with the ‘news’ regards the BBC, blessed be its bias, license fee being frozen for a couple of years, I thought I’d take y’all back to daze long gone when the BBC was a force to be reckoned with. Well, almost. Go on, smile out loud a while.

        

   And yes, I’m old enough to remember my early school daze and all having to periodically prance about in our pants to that show on the radio. Ah, so very long ago and one wonders wot became of all those first friends?

Quote;  Jerry Seinfeld.

“Somebody just gave me a shower radio. Thanks a lot. Do you really want music in the shower? I guess there's no better place to dance than a slick surface next to a glass door.”

4 comments:

Ripper said...

"Now jump up, toss them in the air and play with them"

Had me rolling.

The one I remember from my childhood was the great Joyce Grenfell. Takes me back to when we lived in my grandmother's house, which had no electricity, gas lighting and just a Rediffusion radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astCHiQRj9s

Mac said...

Ripper,

It's a little gem in a drab world is it not?

Margo said...

Hilarious. Thanks for the giggle!

Mac said...

Margo,
You're welcome. We need all the fun we can find these days don't we?