19 May 2021

And Then, Oh Dear...

   Yup, I had a whoops moment today.
   I’m sure I’m not alone in having a small library of witty responses tucked away in my old two megabyte mess of a head, in a file marked, unsurprisingly, witty responses.
   Anyhoo, I was in a place this AM that resulted in my signature being required. Not having a pen with me and not seeing one in range, I thought, ‘Ah ha! Time for a little light relief’ and enquired of the young lady attending to my needs, “Do you, perchance, have a pen secreted about the voluminous folds of your outer garments?”
   Owing to age, that’s my excuse, this wasn’t the moment of lightness I’d anticipated as I noted, to late, that I was dealing with a young lady of quite voluminous physical proportions. Damn! I suffered the received death glare with good grace, managed to get the pen as it was thrust, rather forcefully, in the general direction of my head, signed the document and beat a rapid but well ordered retreat with the old adage, ‘engage brain to avoid pain’ playing on a loop in ma heed.

Quote;  ??

“I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down, inside my shoe, my sock is sliding off.”

No comments: