1 May 2021

And Then, Not Much...

   Well, so, here I am at the tap-top, with a more than adequate array of alpha-numeric keys before me and I realise I have nothing to tap out as the ‘news’ is as it has been for a long time now and my little nest of vipers is quietly and contentedly working away in the kitchen preparing a sumptuous dish of road kill and rice for her evening enjoyment.
   One item I did notice with absolutely no interest, is the bit about some folk from
the world of entertainment putting out an advertisement for the NHS, blessed be its name, to extol the wonders of that chemi cocktail and how there’ll be no ‘freedom’ until one and all have had the jabba-dabba-do. I’m sure this advert was, of course, produced totally free of any fees or charges for the greater good of one and all, right?
   Anything else? How about this:
”Care home residents will be able to leave for "low risk" visits without self-isolating for 14 days on their return.”
That’s taken a while considering all those ‘high risk’ folk were the first to get, wot was touted at the time, the magic elixir of immunity and freedom. Further cause for pause for thought I’d a thought.

Quote;  J. P. Morgan.

"A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing; one that sounds good, and a real one."

2 comments:

A K Haart said...

Strange how these people from the world of entertainment suddenly become experts. I bet they know a lot about climate science too.

Mac said...

A K Haart,
Spot on. And I'm sure you've noticed the 'message' is gradually shifting from Covid to climate. And those up there now have a pretty good idea as to how far they can herd us all with little to no resistance. It's a blue do coming down the tracks.