7 Oct 2020

And Then The News...

I’m delighted to say that I’ve just been invited, by text message, to go get the winter flue shoot-up. First time I’ve been invited so I can only assume that, owing to my age and recent tick-a-tack, I’m now on a ‘vulnerable old sod’ list. I’m also delighted to say that I politely declined their kind invitation.

Anyhoo, as you all know Trumpton had a spell in hospital after going down with WHO-flue. I’m also sure you  couldn’t help but notice the even-handed way our UK media handled the news with barely hidden delight at his misfortune.

Then, against all the media predictions, he came out of hospital and that news was reported with faces looking like they’d just witnessed their new puppy get run over and killed by a white boy on a scooter.

The star for me of this foam flecked reporting was the BBC lady who reported, this time with sadness in her voice, that Trumpton was out of hospital and back in the White House where he was ‘...receiving twenty four hour medical care; unlike ordinary Americans.’  Wot’s the message there then eh girl?

In another bit o’ stunning news I see our tussled haired leader has announced that ALL the countries electrickery will be provided by offshore wind in the blink of an eye. We really do need a new political party that’s well to the right of L. And the L stands for?  Not only the left, but also lunacy.

Quote;  Amit Ray.

“In this era of fake news and paid news artificial intelligence is more and more used as a political tool to manipulate and dictate common people, through big data, biometric data, and AI analysis of online profiles and behaviours in social media and smart phones. But the days are not far when AI will also control the politicians and the media too.”

2 comments:

Timbotoo said...

When the wind didn’t blow
And the ship had to go
It took Carter the f@rter
To start ‘er

Mac said...

Timbotoo,
Thanks for that. Ah, the memories of youth aboard that fine ship...