22 Apr 2019

And Then, Me Again...

With the shocking news from Sri Lanka, I trust all the usual suspects have got their T-light and teddy ready bags down from the top of the wardrobe and are in the process of booking flights. Or is it a tad too far for them?

I also note the Ukraine has taken a lead from us over here and has elected a comedian to high office. The good folk of the Ukraine are probably thinking, ‘What can possibly go wrong?’ Just look west good people.

Finally, wot I forgot the other day was a little gem when I had my first appointment with the attack after-care nurse practitioner.  She was sitting at her desk and I was sitting at the side facing her and we finally got to the checking of blood pressure and she wrapped that air bag thingy round my upper arm and pumped it up. All okay. She then said, “Can I do it again standing up please?”
Quick as a flash I replied, “Of course you can. Please feel free to do it the way that’s most comfortable for you. Oh, wait. You want me to stand up, right?”
Going by her reaction, I may well have made her day.

Quote;  Ronald Reagan.

“My doctors told me this morning my blood pressure is down so low that I can start reading the newspapers.”

No comments: