28 Sept 2018

And Then I’m Not Done Yet...

...and it’s going to be a while. Two steps forward, three bigger steps back kind o’ progress. An uninterrupted weekend plus a couple more days – rain free – should see it all snuffed up. On the plus side, so far I’ve only hit myself three times with my own hammer. Oh, and a close call with an angle grinder. ‘Nuff said about that.

Heavy duty DIY is a great way to discover how old the body’s getting. Yes, and the brain, because if the brain was still firing on all cylinders, I wouldn’t be doing wot I be doing now in the way of heavy duty DIY and would’ve settled for phoning a fellow wot would - for a fee. More a case of, ‘Hay, YDI.’

In other news, while watching the news, don’t you get ever more saddened by the goings on in the US and here at home? What happened to all the really intelligent folk who used to fight for high office? Now? It’s just TV entertainment on a huge scale. Problem being, is it outrageous comedy or heart wrenching tragedy?

Quote;  Groucho Marx.

''Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies.”

No comments: