4 May 2024

And Then A Vote…

   I’m still here but I’ve been like, totally consumed by the local elections. Yeah, right. Anyhoo, I had an excitingly complex choice to make; frying pan or fire. After giving it serious thought, weighing-up all the pros and cons - and that took all of ten seconds, I voted for the fire, my reasoning being to get all the intended misery thrown at me/us in a one-off really big bucket rather than the other side delivering misery in drips leaving me/us miserably thinking between drips wot could possibly be the next misery to be dripped down.
   Giving all that no never mind, we were in a branch of that big chemists and pharmacy chain yesterday and I showed no surprise to see they have donned and laced-up their cashless boots; pun intended.
   Yup, gone were the manned - sorry, staffed check outs to be replaced with three cash or card and six card only machines. A little bit later I done did thunk about this thus; wot are the majority of cards wot are in daily use? My guess is credit as opposed to Direct Debit.
   With this in mind and the chance that, owing to the cost of living cry-sis many folk are just paying off the minimum required monthly from their card debts and thus slowly{?} accumulating the shockingly high interest rates I believe these credit cards can accumulate so it’s little wonder banks are all in favour of us down here going cashless is it? Just another ‘tax’ on everything folk buy. Cracking, no effort, little earner eh? Of course it’s not often I’m right so I’m possibly wrong again...

Quote; Vineet Raj Kapoor

"Of course you pay the price for your past. That's what credit cards are about."

2 comments:

Andy5759 said...

One reason for my avoidance of that pharmacy chain is the stench of fragrances and such to be negotiated just inside the door. I wouldn't be surprised if they still use rancid whale blubber in the products. Now you give me another reason to keep my boots walking by.

Mac said...

Andy5759,
Very true and don't forget the vast choice to cleaning your teeth and shaving.
Another anti-cash thing I've noticed is the increasingly questioning screens of ATM machines. Many a question requiring the correct button press to get right and, to make it yet more tricky, none of these machines seem to have a bright day friendly screen. I've seen many folk just give up and walk away.