28 Sept 2021

And Then, No Panic...

   A slightly spooky thingy occurred a few days ago, about two days before the media convinced the population that garages were about to run out of petrol and diesel because of reasons. My little nest of vipers and I were doing a tad of shopping at an out of town retail park.
   On completion, and as a point of absolutely no interest whatsoever, no purchases were made for me or myself, we headed to the exit where a gas station – to use an Americanism – was located.
”You go to fill car?” my co-driver enquired.
”Not this time. We have plenty.” I responded.
”We here now so may as well fill tank. Who know wot coming?” So do the filly thingy I did.
   Since that moment two days ago, every time she sees the ‘news’, the queues and the closed signs, I’m grinningly reminded of how smart she be. And I have no answer other than to wonder wot’s really going on in her head. Scary it be.
   As a by-the-by, this isn’t the first time she’s shown an uncanny ability  to seemingly foresee the future but, sadly, it  doesn’t seem to function at all when it comes to picking her lottery numbers...
         

Quote;  Joanne Harris.

“A man may plant a tree for a number of reasons. Perhaps he likes trees. Perhaps he wants shelter. Or perhaps he knows that someday he may need the firewood.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes they do have insights call them what you will that can't be explained.
My bundle of trouble's insight is she can tell a bad un in minutes if not seconds of meeting them, if she trusts someone you can too, same the other way.
I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, who invariably prove not being worth the time of day, so have learned to not make any decisions of judgements until she's given a verdict.

Lew

Anonymous said...

Gosh it’s not an insight. It’s common sense, we meet and we greet with many people over our lifetimes.
How to can the graph out the hay from the chaff.

Mac said...

Lew, Anonymous,
It works both ways. After meeting my little nest of vipers, many folk quietly mention to me, 'Yup, she's nuts.'
That's also a joke. Mostly...