12 Jun 2020

And Then, A Puzzle...

I see that Floyd fellow was hanging onto the coveted top news spot again early  this AM. However, wot’s been conspicuously missing from the reporting of this fellows death, is any mention of the film taker. Surely, if you could stand there and calmly film a fellow being killed, you must also have had the chance to at least attempt to intervein? Isn’t one of they culpability thingies involved there? Oh, sorry. Look!! Over there!! A squirrel!!

I also note with interest that a bunch of folk are demanding an inquiry into why old folk die. Oh, the days we’re living through. Anyhoo, given my age and recent tick-a-tack, I do hope an answer to that age old question is found PDQ...

Regarding statue news, I do wish at least one seeker after truth investigative journalist would take the trouble of stationing him, herself or itself by a statue of some chap or chapess, preferably one now on the naughty list, and then ask all who pass by wot they knew regarding the history of the chap or chapess thereby depicted.  I’m guessing the underwhelming response would be a resounding, “Errr...”.

Of course, the ‘sensational’ answer they’re hoping for will always be forthcoming from, usually, a young lady of colour, sporting an outlandishly  complex hair-do and wearing earrings a pair of parrots would be proud the be playing on. No offence to parrots.

I also note, without falling over backwards in surprise, that the media have already branded those who would like  to prevent damage to statues and memorials as hate groups and 'far right thugs’. If two ‘rival’ groups do end up facing off, any bets on which group will bear the brunt of baton charges?

To end on a lighter note, yesterday, we were snaking along in an unsociable but orderly queue to enter a store when I remembered a line from a Peanut sketch and thought, worth a try. So as we were beckoned to enter and we passed by the very attractive girl counting folk in and out, I suggested she meet and greet like in the States.
“And that would be how?” she enquired.
”Something like; welcome to Walmart. Now get in, get your shit and get out.”
I knew right away I’d made her day and her parting words were, “God, I’d love to do that.”  Happy daze.

Quote;  ??

“Accept that some days you’re the pigeon, and some days you’re the statue.”

No comments: