16 Jun 2020

And Then, I’ve Tried...

As the TV news channels and more seem now to have gone passed depressing and into total clown-world to the power of ten, I quit and clicked round that Tube of You looking for light relief and guess wot? By the simple expedient of doing an unplanned clicky thingy I ran into something new to me that didn’t only make me smile quite loudly but rang pretty close to true as to how I feel right now with regards the mess we seem to have been manipulated into. And I’m guessing also many of you folk out there. Sadly, found too late to blast-out come Thursday happy-clappy time. Damn!!  Anyhoo, here’s  a new anthem for us by non other than, yup, you guessed it, Thomas Benjamin Wild Esq:

I've tried, tried, tried, and I’ve tried even more
I've cried, cried, cried, and I can't recall what for
I’ve pressed, I've pushed, I've yelled, I've begged
In hopes of some success
But the inevitable fact is that it never will impress.

This is the point where I usually strongly advise Timidadians to avoid wot’s below but I’m beyond caring other than to say there’s a lot of use of a very naughty word. Go on, have a listen; who knows, it may give you something new to fly into an uproar of righteous indignation about. If so, I’m afraid you’ll just have to get in the long queue...

             

Quote;  Marty Rubin.

“Righteous indignation is a poor substitute for a sense of humour.”

No comments: