4 Feb 2020

And Then, The Charge Of The Nutters...

By that title, I’m typing about the latest loony-toon outpourings from Bojangles regarding there only being electrickery powered cars on our roads in fifteen years with no mention of how 33 million or so passenger cars presently on our roads will all be traded in for electrickery powered ones and how all those beasts will be charged every evening after the commute.  Is it hidden in the small print that every home with a garden or yard will be required, by law, to have a windmill installed? And the car producers reaction to this announcement?

Fifteen years? No time at all but one thing that should be pointed out to all these nutters is that in that time this little rock should be well into the next solar minimum so electrickery may well be needed to keep warm with little left for charging cars; unless folk just move into their cars...

Okay, it won’t concern me as I either won’t be here or if I am I won’t be driving – not even one of they old folks scooter buggy thingies as the place is going to be a nightmare of trailing cables, but the present time entertainment these supposedly smart folk are giving me is truly comedy gold.

Finally – not for me I hope, just for this post – I loved this bit from a few days ago that I’m sure you’ve all seen but if not, the whole thing is well worth a read;
   Two students at St John’s College wrote to Andrew Parker, the principal bursar, this week requesting a meeting to discuss the protesters’ demands, which are that the college “declares a climate emergency and immediately divests from fossil fuels”. They say that the college, the richest in Oxford, has £8 million of its £551 million endowment fund invested in BP and Shell.
   Professor Parker responded with a provocative offer. “I am not able to arrange any divestment at short notice,” he wrote. “But I can arrange for the gas central heating in college to be switched off with immediate effect. Please let me know if you support this proposal.”

More of this type of response please!!

Quote;  Christophe de Margerie.

“People say they are inventing electric cars. Well, where is the electricity coming from? Flowers? Maybe someday. But what is available now is oil and gas.”

No comments: