19 Dec 2019

And Then, Healthy Fun...

Yesterday, I had a trip to the doctors for the nurse to take a blood sample. Yup, I still have some left. At reception, a nice young lady checked me in and asked me to take a seat. I enquired as to which seat I should take to which she replied that I could take any. I then further enquired as to where I had to take the seat, was it far and was this some sort of stress test. This produced an audible whooshing sound that emanated from way above the nice young ladies head as my attempt at a little light relief soared away into outer space.

A little later, during the blood letting, the nurse asked several health questions relating to my recent bit of a do. The question that got me thinking went thus; “Do you have a problem falling over?” I realised a tad too late that my answer of  no, I don’t have a problem falling over and when I want to fall all goes as expected and I’ve never found myself trapped in some strangely grotesque semi vertical, semi horizontal heap was not computing with the nurse and a simple ‘No’ would’ve sufficed. Anyhoo, as yet more whooshing sounds slowly subsided, we quickly moved on until it was time for me to move out. However, I do believe the word ‘with’ was missing from her falling over question.

Thus ended another boring blood bath.

Quote;  James Howell.

“After these two, Dr. Diet and Dr. Quiet, Dr. Merriman is requisite to preserve health.”

             Logain Clendening.

“If you do everything you should do, and do not do anything you should not do, you will, according to the best available statistics, live exactly eighteen hours longer than you would otherwise.”

No comments: