25 Jul 2019

And Then, It’s Warm...

Yup, it’s seasonally warm where wot I am but all day yesterday, as I’m sure you noticed, the TV, all channels, just couldn’t stop telling me how warm it was and how there was an excellent chance that the ‘record’ for warmness would be broken today. Was it? Not sure, as when I tune into news channels it’s all about Boris the Barber and that new job he’s got and how rubbish he’s going to be at it.

Anyhoo, I’m here to thank one of the BBC weather ‘reporting’ girls this morning for improving my knowledge of how this hot stuff works. How did she manage that? She informed me that it’ll be a lot cooler tomorrow so it won’t be as hot as today. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Quote;  Anne Fadiman.

“It is a grave error to assume that ice cream consumption requires hot weather.”

No comments: