23 Mar 2019

And Then, An Absence...

Those of you paying attention may have noticed I’ve been absent for many days. This has been the result of me being suddenly unable to draw a full breath and having to present myself at the Accident and Emergency Department of the local hospital.

Despite the horror stories regarding this service, I was seen and admitted to hospital within an hour of me presenting myself and the treatment I received was everything you could possibly hope for thus I’m still here.

Twelve days later I was discharged from hospital with a bag of meds of some considerable size. I’m feeling a tad better by the day other than feeling as weak as a kitten.

Will I press fingers to keyboard again here? I’m not saying I wont but also not sure I will as the recent event kind of focuses your mind on what’s truly important in the time we have. Give me a little more time before I make a decision.

To all those who have paid me the compliment of looking through the Foggy Mirror, be well good friends and treasure every moment you’ve been blessed with.

Quote;  Rudyh.

“Life is like a roll of toilet paper; hopefully long and useful, but it always ends at the wrong moment.”

3 comments:

A K Haart said...

Blimey - I wondered if it was something like that. Yes it's bound to focus your mind on what’s truly important in the time we have and I hope all goes well for you.

I hope it all goes well enough for you to get back to the keyboard every now and then but real life comes first - everyone understands that. All the best.

Elwyn said...

Hey up Foggy, so nice to see you are still kicking about the place. Health sometimes has a way of reminding us of the more important things in life huh, but as Mr Hart said, hopefully you will still feel able to give the keyboard a visit now and then.
Be safe and well sir.

Mac said...

A K Haart, Elwyn,
Thank you both for your best wishes.
I was kicked out of hospital upon my dramatically improving clinical condition. I have several days of various tests through April and, dependent on results, I’ll do my best to occasionally appear here and press the keys in the correct alphabetical order. Thanks again.