19 Feb 2019

And Then Another Birthday...

With only two days to go to the next household birthday, I’ve been struck regarding how quiet it’s been the past few weeks regarding constant, hourly mentions as to wot my little nest of vipers would like gift wise. I believe this may be an attempt by her to bury this birthday as she will officially become an old lady of sixty. She’s not happy with the thought of turning sixty at all. However, as a form of revenge for all the years of incessant gift naggery, I’ve delighted in giving her an hourly countdown towards the bewitching age. How mean is that then?

With the absence of gift naggery I’ve been a tad stuck as to wot to get her. Then I had a wave sweep through my brain and I had the perfect gift solution which should satisfy two of her all time loves thus I’ve sneaked one colander from her collection, secreted about the voluminous folds of my outer garments, down to the shed where I’ve given it a quick key rubdown with fine grade wet and dry and its first of two coats of gold metallic paint.

A gold colander? Can it get any better? This should cause great delight but just in case the opposite comes to pass I’ll be wearing head to toe safety gear when I present her with said gift... We’ll be out for lunch and inline with the latest scares and to do our bit to save the planet and reduce pollution, we’ll be wearing old cloths and lunching on a nice boiled roast. Peak loon obviously has a ways to go yet.

Quote;  Satchel Paige.

“How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?”

2 comments:

A K Haart said...

A gold colander is a superb present but perhaps it may need something extra to make it really special. Since you already have the gold paint how about a pair of gold washing up gloves?

No, on second thoughts the colander combined with head to toe safety gear could be a better bet.

Mac said...

A K Haart,
Nice idea but if I went ahead I would need the 'gifts' delivered by mail while I hid in another town - or preferably, another country.
I believe I'll stick with your second thoughts.