15 Dec 2018

And Then Another Nail...

I’ve been flat-out like a lizard drinking the past couple of days and when I had a little time I attempted to get my head round where we are regarding Brexit. I gave up on that.

Anyhoo I’m full sure you all spotted the new advertising ‘restrictions’ that are now heading down the pipe. I first caught a lady discussing the new regulations on the early radio news and I’m not sure if it was  same lady named below, but the radio lady sounded to be about twelve years old and to be talking in a language I’m not all that familiar with.

I later found a couple of bits about it online and although it’s typed in English, it left me just as lost as to wot it’s all about. All I can say is, how many years have folk been advertising their wares now? Any indication it’s advancing the collapse of civilisation as we know it? No? Okay, civilisation is in decline but I don’t believe an advert for washing powder has had any great effect on that decline.

   Ella Smillie, who led the CAP's investigation into gender stereotyping, said: “Harmful gender stereotypes in ads contribute to how people see themselves and their role in society. 
   “They can hold some people back from fulfilling their potential, or from aspiring to certain jobs and industries, bringing costs for individuals and the economy.”
   The ASA also states that ads seeking “to emphasise the contrast between a boy’s stereotypical personality (e.g. daring) with a girl’s stereotypical personality (e.g. caring)” should be handled with care.

An investigation? Really? An investigation? Are these folk for real? An investigation?  Handled with care? May I suggest it’s young Ella that needs handling with care. Who the hell pays for this stuff? Pardon? Who? You are kidding, right?

Thus we slowly{?} start reaping the rewards of our modern progressive education system. All advertising must conform to Multi-cultyism, LGBTQUERTYism and now gender stereotypingism. Another notch tighter on the ‘how you must think’ belt.

It’s also all too obvious now that care in the community just isn’t cutting it. Hell, look no further than Old Mother May and her inner circle to see that fact so will somebody in authority please step forward and put a stop all this kind of stuff right now. Hello? Anybody there? Didn’t think so...

Quote;  William Bernbach.

“Advertising is fundamentally persuasion and persuasion happens to be not a science, but an art.”

No comments: