19 Oct 2018

And Then Another Thought...

I see on the news today that fellow Ham Chowder’s been released from choky after serving half his sentence. It would seem that in the great scheme of things very few folk actually serve the full sentence originally passed down so why don’t those up there reverse the process? ‘I sentence you to two years but if you’re the slightest bit naughty during those two years you’ll have a further two years tacked on to this sentence.’ That’d work wouldn’t it? At least it would make it a tad more public as to how short the majority of sentences can be.

Anyhoo, now he’s out I’m guessing he’ll be making a beeline for his local Job Centre, right? Right. Care to hazard a guess at how much it’s going to cost us folk to ‘take care’ of this chap and his family and to keep an eye on him to ensure he doesn’t do anything naughty again?

When was the last time you saw a Bobby - or a Bobbess - on the beat round your neighbourhood? A goodly while eh?  Going on recent news, it also seems to be getting harder to get any response when reporting a break-in or such. However, I’m willing to bet that should this fellow have cause to contact the local nick to report someone acting suspiciously outside his drum the place will be instantly swooped on from all directions. And that reminded me of the very old joke from across the pond. Joke? With the visible lack of patrolling police persons it’s possibly something to consider...

   I've disconnected my home alarm system and de-registered from the Neighbourhood Watch.
   I've got two Pakistani flags raised in the front yard, one at each corner, and the black flag of ISIS in the centre.
   The local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Secret Service and other agencies are all watching the house 24/7. I've never felt safer and I’m saving $49.95 a month.

All that nicely rolls neatly towards this repeat which is also in the left side toggle jukebox. No apologies for the repeat; it always do make me smile. Ladies, it’s a bit o’ fun, okay?       

              

Quote;  Tim Allen.

“While awaiting sentencing, I decided to give stand-up comedy a shot. The judge had suggested I get my act together, and I took him seriously.”

No comments: