15 Oct 2018

And Then, Another JD...

Job done? That would be the old shower tile grout out, dried off over night with the aid of that natty little fan heater set on low and the new grout pressed home and slicked off.

The downside to this? Telling my little nest of vipers there’ll be no showers for twenty four - and preferably forty eight – hours. That led me to recounting that over here, when I was a pup, Friday night was traditionally bath and hair wash night. I do, however, seem to remember for me it was Sunday so as to start the school week all scrubbed-up. You remember those days? When daddies were firmly in control of when, and for how long, the water emersion heater would be on? It was never on for long was it?

The upside to this? This will be the longest period she’s gone without a shower in her life thus she’s in a huge sulk but the accompanying sulky silence is bliss.

Quote;  Jerry Seinfeld.

“Somebody just gave me a shower radio. Thanks a lot. Do you really want music in the shower? I guess there's no better place to dance than a slick surface next to a glass door.”

No comments: