16 Jul 2018

And Then The Car...

As stated earlier, the car, a stinking polluting diesel, surprisingly passed the MOT and was serviced satisfactorily.

I did get a call from the service centre and was braced for the worst as I was expecting a sad voice informing me the car had failed its MOT owing to very bad and naughty emissions which would cost an arm an’ a leg to rectify. However, for the remaining arm an’ leg I could take delivery of a shiny new ‘environmentally friendly’ electrickery number with an impressive twenty mile range between charges.

It was not to be and imagine my surprise to learn that it appeared the windscreen wipers were smearing and would I like them changing for ‘just’ thirty dabs? Imagine their disappointment when I responded, “No thanks.” 
Also, the air con was running a tad warm so would I like them to reset{?} it for ‘just’ sixty dabs. I could’ve engaged ‘em with the fact that three hours ago I’d driven for twenty minutes to deliver the car to the shop, with the air con on, and my feet were still numb but settled for a polite, “No thanks.”

Good to see they didn’t sulk as, when I collected the car, it’d been cleaned thoroughly inside and out. Thank you very big.

Quote;  P. J. O’Rourke.

“Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.”

No comments: