28 May 2018

And Then, He Be Clean...

This morning, it being a holiday an’ all, was spent doing that five yearly shed clean-out. I have to say a good part of the time was spend wondering what certain, new looking bits of stuff were originally for and if it wasn’t used back then, why did I keep it? Giving that no never mind, I ended up with four bags which I took to the dump after deciding I’ll never need any of it. Not until tomorrow anyway.

Further to that Rommy Tobinson fiasco, I saw somewhere a link thingy, which I neglected to copy, to something the West Yorkshire police has put out on Twatter. Basically, they were asking folk to be vigilant with kids and to help them lock-up grooming gangs. I’m guessing the forces communications officer isn’t really in the loop as that was apparently put out shortly after they’d arrested a fellow who has spent a lot of time trying to help the police track down and lock-up groomers. And the eyes of the world are watching this farce unfold.

I noted early doors Saturday  Guido Fawkes place had a slack hand-full of comments and they all revolved round Rommy Tobinson. A couple of hours later, comments were ‘off’ and those already posted deleted. There has been no comment facility on any post since so I guess that’s another chap wot’s a tad worried about that pesky ‘free speech’ thingy.

On the plus side, it would seem his once loyal community have migrated, lock, stock and two smoking keyboards, over to Going Postal. I believe it was there I found the link to the above paragraph subject but with comments running into the thousands, I doubt I’ll find it again.
STOP PIXEL: Damned if I didn’t find the link! Oh dear me. Look at the responses. Wot’s that saying again? Think before you Twatter?

Finally, hot on the heels of the ‘scary’ news that this little island will soon be running short of water, we learn that the midlands had so much water fall on it last night that folk were drowning in the street.

All-in-all Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Blighty anymore.

Just up, a worthwhile read over at, spookily, Going Postal.

Quote;  Utah Phillips

“The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free...”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Guido Fawkes is a gutless plant, which is why we've all upped sticks.