16 Apr 2018

And Then, A Trash Day...

Thus it came to pass that we cleaned up the garden after its winter slumber. Not my idea I hasten to add, as tidying the garden whilst tottering on the brink of a nuclear winter just seems a tad pointless to me.

Never mind, job done and we ended the exercise with a couple or five bags of trash to dispose of. Happily, about a fifteen minute drive away is one of they municipal rubbish disposal yards. I use this one quite regularly and have to say, considering it’s run by the local council, it’s remarkably well run with helpful staff and the place is always spotlessly clean considering it’s a very busy general public trash disposal site. I’m also always amazed at the amount of what appears to be perfectly good stuff that’s being dumped.

Anyhoo, up the ramp we drove and stopped at the top by the chap propped-up by a stout stool who checks your residency permit, enquires as to what you wish to dispose of and directs you to the numbered bays you need.
”Good day.” Said he, “What’ve you got to throw away today?”
”Good day right back at ya’.” Said I. “I have two bags of plastic, a bag of wood and a bag of soil.” Then, inclining my head slightly in the direction of the passenger seat whereupon resided my little nest of vipers, added “ Oh, and a large bag o’ nags.”

From the fellows reaction, a momentary look of total blankness followed by a rather impressive backflip off his stool, I guess I made his day. And indeed, he mine.

Never mind, another day with a little fun to lighten the load as we journey ever onwards towards Armageddon...

Quote;  Rodney Dangerfield.

“My wife is always trying to get rid of me. The other day she told me to put the garbage out. I said to her I already did. She told me to go and keep an eye on it.”

No comments: