5 Mar 2018

And Then A ponder...

While I was squatting on the sofa gazing into my recently purchased lunch burger and pondering, for the hundredth time, the fact it bore absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to the big shiny, meaty, mouth watering representation of said burger above the counter, I heard, as if from another dimension, the TV talking person, who was discussing wealth and ‘poverty’ last time I looked, say something along the lines of, “This area has many incredibly wealthy...” I jumped!! He said what now? Is that even allowed on daytime TV? Oh, okay. The word was, “...households.” Lifts finger from outrage button carefully so as not to trigger it.

Another item that made me smile a while, was a comment thread that sort of lost the plot and a short exchange took place regarding TV adverts that infuriated various commenters. One fellow typed thus, “They make me want to vomit so much that I have to turn the TV over.”  And the next comment?  “Do they sound any better upside down?” Typing that has made me smile all over again.

Quote;  Peter Nivio Zarlenga

"In our factory, we make lipstick. In our advertising, we sell hope."

No comments: