14 Sept 2017

And Then The List...

Remember I was finding my way round her indoors iPhone? remember I was trying to find a way to clear the recent call list that hogs the top of the directory list in Skype? No? Oh well, I was.

I thought I’d cracked it by signing into Skype on big mama computer and clearing the history, clicking on never save history then deleting and reinstalling Skype on her phone. Cool, the list was gone. Several calls later, uncool, the list was back so must be stored in one of they software couch thingies on the phone. I’ve tried, to no avail, to find any hint  of a cache and Dear Google seems to suggest it can’t be done. Wait! Yes you can clear the cache! All you have to do is uninstall Skype and reinstall it. Bummer.

Wouldn’t you think the option would be there to clear it? Or clear after ‘x’ days? Or only save the most recent ‘x’ number of calls?

That shouldn’t be beyond the abilities of these coding kiddies, right? Oh, wait a minute. Skype belongs to Microsoft now doesn’t it? So that’ll be a bit of Monstersoft kit running under the crushed Apple operating mush. Okay; say no more.

In other news I see some fellow has just been released from gaol {that would be ‘jail’ for younger readers} after serving eleven years of a ten month sentence. Say wot now? How cool is that then? First stop a visit to a legal eagle you think?

Quote;  Bjarne Stroustrup.

"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone."

-

No comments: