31 May 2017

And Then A Brindley...

This is a reflection on how strangely the human mind works. Okay, my mind then.

I finished typing yesterday and sent all the letters I’d typed out to the web-a-Net hoping all the letters were in some sort of order, then, later, I thought back to one sentence I’d used, ‘Smoking hadn’t been invented.’ This sent my mind back to the distant past and the thought I had was that I could’ve used a more fun phrase with a link.

To prove to myself I’d got it right, I did a Googly for ‘Brindley’ with no success regarding wot I was expecting. Wot to do? Broaden the search criteria was the cleaver idea I came up with and eventually I had success. However, imagine my surprise to discover that since the very first time I heard this ditty, in days of yore, I have always had Brindley in ma’ heed.

Anyhoo, the amended sentence should read something along the lines, ‘Molly Windley wasn’t about.’

Go back in time with me and smile along with the Singing Postman.

WARNING: Timidadians, DON’T DO IT!! This goes back to gentler times you wouldn’t understand. Times of no fuss, no muss. No snowflakes; no safe spaces. To times way before ASH and Tobacco Control started to rule the world and before our lives became categorised by varying combinations of letters such as PC, SJW, LGBTBDTQID, non-binary compliancy and so much other trendy stifling stuff. There was however, some fun in the world... How did it all go so horribly wrong?

           

Quote; Douglas Adams.

“In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.”

No comments: