20 Mar 2017

And Then A Choker...

The good Caratacus provided a link to a toon I should’ve thought of yesterday. It is, of course, When Father Papered The Parlour. The further links are a treasure trove of humour guaranteed to keep you up way past bed time and chortling away happily. It’s a long, long time since I first heard The Bricklayers Lament but still laugh. Carry on and there’s Bob diffusing a bomb. “You’re on the beach and you’ve found a shell....”

However, I eventually ran into a link entitled A Little Girl Gives Coins To A Street Musician And Gets The Best Surprise In Return which, for reasons not yet fully understood, I found incredibly moving. It’s obviously ‘staged’ but it got me pretty choked-up and just this far, you see that? just that far from shedding a tear. Twenty seven odd million views? Makes you feel that possibly, just possibly, there is hope.

See? I’m watching it now and I’m choked again...

Quote;  Max Irons.

“Kindness and a generous spirit go a long way. And a sense of humour. It's like medicine - very healing.”

2 comments:

Caratacus said...

I will confess to a small tear following Beethoven there, Mac. Music is such an underestimated power for good, it really is.

Now, I'm not a great fan of the French but whenever I hear Le Boudin (particularly when played by the Pionniers de la Legion Etrangere) I remember with fondness certain gentlemen without the disgraceful presence of whom my life would have been infinitely the poorer. And, of course, La Marseillaise in 'Casablanca'. Music ... it has a way of getting under one's skin, it surely does :-)

Mac said...

Caratacus,
During my time offshore I worked with a huge number of French chaps and they were all, to a man, great to work with and great fun ashore when at play.
Music? There's always something new to find and enjoy. Both old and new.