14 Jan 2017

And Then More Reportage...

As that horrific Brexit tidal surge didn’t really kick-in as widely predicted, I see the BBC resorted to reporting the sad sinking of a coastal freighter. I was, once again, grabbed by the reportage in respect of wot it costs us in the BBC fee, those still paying it, so’s they can afford to employ such stunning word-smiths.

I’ve made bold the bits that grabbed my attention and the last sentence looks like it could’ve been glued together right here. You hear me? Right here...

  Seven people have been rescued from life rafts in the sea after abandoning a sinking cargo ship near Kent.
  It is not yet clear whether it was the weather or another problem which caused the ship to sink, or whether any cargo was on board.

Thank  you and good night.

Quote;  G. K. Chesterton.

“Journalism largely consists in saying "Lord Jones is dead" to people who never knew Lord Jones was alive.”

No comments: