4 Mar 2016

And Then, A Song For The Timid...

Did you catch our ‘leader’, the Divine Cummerbund, while sharing the stage with  F. Hollandaise, the saucy French President, just nodding away in agreement while Flanby made not so veiled threats to the country Dave was elected to protect? Makes you proud eh?

Later, I was reminded of a song that I put up here a long time before this time which says quite a lot and should be listened to by all who, owing to their timid nature, will want to remain soothed amongst comforting folds of the EU frock. You know who you are; you’re the folk who take fully on-board, without question, every scary thingy you’re told or read about, or have ever read{red} about and the thought of the oft quoted
‘leaving is a leap into the unknown’ is the stuff of nightmares.

Before the sing-along-a-song, here are a few simple words from my little nest of vipers, from way before, that should help the Timidadians walk towards the light. In a shell that used to contain a nut, it came to pass when we first moved here from over there and I more or less made her ‘leap into the unknown’ after a week as I left here and went back to work over there. I’ll let me take up the story: 

   ...a
bit of nanny kicked in and I found myself ‘phoning a couple of times a day to make sure all was well. Central heating? Gas fires? Shopping?... So on and so forth.
  
On day three she asked why I was phoning so much rather than the agreed one call a week. I explained I was concerned and wanted to make sure she was managing okay.
  
And this was her reply, which, for me, says it all;
"If you keep trying to hold my hand, I'll never learn to walk on my own."

Remember young Cummerbund, we, as a country, used to walk proudly on our own and now you just nod and smile while a Frenchman threatens us with ‘consequences’ should we try and let go of their hand. The buzz word is ‘consequences’.

Okay, all you no-hopers, jokers and rogues, let the words of this simple song help you to straighten up your bowed Timidadian bodies and, when the time comes, you can walk tall into the polling booth determined to help win back your country. It could be a rocky road out there but it may well lead to a ladder to the stars – who knows.

Quote;  Richelle E. Goodrich.

“Courage to me is doing something daring, no matter how afraid, insecure, intimidated, alone, unworthy, incapable, ridiculed or whatever other paralyzing emotion you might feel. Courage is taking action... no matter what.  So you're afraid?  Be afraid.  Be scared silly to the point you're trembling and nauseous, but do it anyway!”

No comments: