9 Feb 2016

And Then The Threat....

Further to yesterdays post, and to put it in a nutshell, Dave Cummerbund has either admitted he’s incapable of policing our borders or  he’s threatening us with open borders if we don’t vote to remain shackled to the EU. As a commenter over at Order – Order so nicely put it,
"We must stay in the EU because we can't guard a tunnel 70 feet in diameter."

There’s a nice letter to young Dave composed by and displayed at Scribblings from Seaham. I’ve been checking back on a regular basis but to date there’s no news of a reply or acknowledgement of receipt. How weird is that? It should be along in the next couple of days or so though as folk like Dave, having had the benefits of a privileged upper-class upbringing, and a super education, are far too well mannered and polite not to respond to the concerns of the very people who are basically employing him. Have I got that about right? Pardon? Oh, right.

Here’s something else I’m very late with. You are, I know, familiar with Desiderata, and I trust you read it regularly, but over at Gates of Vienna is Desiderata For Our Time glued together by Seneca III, Middle England, 28th of January in this the year of our Lord 2016.
Not sure how you find out about copyright for such a work, but, in my humble opinion, it’s well worth spreading far and wide. If only the link.

Quote;  Bill Maher.

“Now, don't get me wrong, I think border security is important. And I have no doubt that the Republican plan for turning our southern border into The Hunger Games will put a stop to the number one threat facing America today — illegal cleaning ladies.”

No comments: