21 Dec 2015

And Then, Seems It Worked....

Well, that post posted okay last night so this one should do the same, right? It’s only technology, right? What can go wrong? You know what? If it doesn’t work tonight I don’t care. Why? It’s my happy birthday. Happy? One year older and thus one year less here and I should be happy? Folk wish you Happy birthday. Wouldn't some sort of sympathy salutation be more appropriate? I don’t care what’s going on or what a mess everything is in, I still prefer being here than nowhere. I mean where’s the fun in nothingness? As I put out the lamps last night my little nest of vipers said, “Wake up happy.”
My reply? “Wake up will be good and once I’ve confirmed I’m still here then I’ll consider my happiness quotant.”
”Wha...?”
”Gnight.”

I did, indeed, awake this AM and confirmed I’m  still here by the simple expedient of reaching out a hand and moving a solid, heavy object. Pardon? No, she was already in the shower.

And now for something sent to me by an old friend relating to E-mail. I have the sneaky feeling I’ve posted this before but at my age I can’t remember what I posted a couple of days ago. That’s my excuse. In fact this morning, on my way for a shower, I picked up a shirt to put in the laundry basket in the bathroom. Just a hop and a skip and I was in the bathroom turning on the shower and wondering why I’d  got a shirt under my arm.

Okay, I found the post. It was a year ago to the month so if you missed it or are interested in finding out how E-mail can change your way of thinking, you’ll find it at the other end of this linky-clicky bitty.

Talking of being happy, as mentioned other years, get a few family photos together in a file on your beige box, head shots be good, the goofier the better, and then head over here for the updated Elf Yourself. It’s dead quick, dead simple, dead funny and, trust me, well worth the visit. It cracks her indoors right up. Me to, truth be known...

Quote;  Ausonius.

“Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.”

           Malcolm Cowley.

“They tell you that you’ll lose your mind when you grow older. What they don’t tell you is that you won’t miss it very much.”

 

No comments: