6 Aug 2015

And Then A Good One….

We had a drive round the country lanes yesterday and we noted, again, that the hedgerows are full of autumnal berries. Make of that what you will. Me? I blame it on us pumping out that killer Co2 stuff.

We had a nice lunch in a nice little pub in the middle of nowhere – actually, it was in the middle of somewhere but that's neither here nor there. The food was good and plentiful and as we left I asked the young chap wot had served us to pass on my compliments to whoever was driving the microwave that day as they had the timer set absolutely spot on. He looked blankly back and we left.

Subject change:- I'm frequently critical of the banal stuff they stuff on TV and also the adverts thereon but occasionally, very occasionally, something pops up that makes me smile and the advert below is one of those rare items. It's been on for a while now and I've meant to put it up for a while and keep forgetting; so's I know where it is. I do smile when I see it – it must be an age thing.

         

For a little balance, this goes back a ways and is a number I've always found monumentally mellow. Does that work? 'Monumentally mellow'? Probably not.

               

Damn!! I've got the spooky feeling I've put that up before. Have I put that up before? Do I care? Who am I typing to?

Quote;  Julian Barnes.

“Though why should we expect age to mellow us? If it isn't life's business to reward merit, why should it be life's business to give us warm, comfortable feelings towards its end? What possible evolutionary purpose could nostalgia serve?”

No comments: