8 Jul 2015

And Then A Charity….

Shortly after helping the crash-landed crow in the garden, I did a little research and found there was little to no help out there for crows and ravens with personal or family problems and with this in mind decided to set up a charity to assist said birds.

With the charity name chosen, Adopt A Craven, myself appointed as the Chief Executive and also Financial Director, a supplier sourced who could provide sharp pointy beaked, scratchy clawed crow-like cuddly toys in bulk at a knock-down price, I was good and ready to go. I even changed my name to Mr A. Charity.

Then, everything changed. We have a little cherry tree and it was loaded with almost ripe cherries.  The other morning we looked on in horror as a herd of crows swooped down and ran amok in the tree stripping it of all cherries, like a swarm of locusts, in a matter of seconds. Amazing.

Talk about biting the hand that helps you. Or is it feeds you? Doesn't matter as that, good bird loving people, was the end of my fledgling charity. However, I'm still hopeful, possibly a tad naively, of getting exemption from paying tax as I'm still calling myself A. Charity.

In other news, it being budget day, the BBC this morning was in full-on hand wringing hyper ventilating mode regarding possible benefits cuts and how these possible cuts would hurt ordinary hard working families. Tell you what BBC, if you have such social concern for those poor struggling folk, why don't you lead by example and slash the cost of a TV License by fifty percent for those who are out of work and those poor ordinary hardworking families on low incomes? Hello? Yo, BBC, hello?  Bu-by again then.

Quote;  Jarod Kintz.

“The only gift I have to give, is the ability to receive. If giving is a gift, and it surely is, then my gift to you is to allow you to give to me.”

No comments: