31 May 2015

And Then, Something To Crow About….

I'm sure you remember my raven. Oh come on! It was only a few days ago and even I, as feeble minded as I be, remember. Now you remember? Damn! Look; it's only three posts below this one, okay? I'll make it yet simpler; 3 down. That's it, that's all the help you're getting; you're on your own now.

Anyhoo, this morning I stepped out into the back garden…. Pardon? Yes, I did indeed open the door first – and chanced to looked up at the back neighbours house roof and standing right at the end was a raven looking straight down at me.  He continued looking directly at me, cawed loudly twice, turned, walked along the roof a short way then flew up and away.
You're probably wondering if this can possibly get any more boring. Have a little patience. 

You remember our big black buddy from before had a poorly arm and a hurt hoof? Well, and here's the kicker, as this guy waddled off along the roof ridge, prior to take-off, it was obvious to me that he had a pronounced limp. That's L-I-M-P, pronounced 'limp'.

Was that our pal back to say thanks for the help? Was I, yet again, successful in doing my Saint, wozisname, Francis on a Seesaw thing? An easy way to find out would be to phone the vet and enquire if the fellow had been released, possibly under his own recognisance, into the wild. Will I phone? Of course not. I don't want to run the risk of bursting the bubble of our happy illusion.

We've had a similar sort of supernatural{?} experience of the bird kind many years ago which may interest you but if ghost stories{?} don't trip your trigger give this link a miss

You'll note, if you click through, that my little nest of vipers has a proper name, proper for where she be from anyway, and that name is Toa which has an uncanny resemblance, and is pronounced the same, as the name we give small volcanoes over here. How spooky is that then?

Please go over to the left, Stuff You May Like, and ease down to Out Of Jail. Oh, come on! It's just some fun. Makes me smile every time I listen to it.
Bu-by.

Quote;  Dale Carnegie.

“Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.”

No comments: