10 Apr 2015

And Then Time And Age….

I was standing in the shower this morning trying to figure out, not for the first time, the best way to wash my feet without leaving the shower, head first, through the glass, when that age thingy suddenly popped into my feeble old brain. Again.
Note: The drying of said appendages presents exactly the same unstable wobbly problem.

The age problem I pondered was the reasoning behind the apparent high speed of time when old, compared to the crawl of youth. As a by-the-by, could time speeding up with age be why we old folk forget… sorry, I forget so much stuff? Is it all happening so damn fast that I can't take it all on-board  in the allotted time before something else pops up that needs remembering and it all gets lost in a never-ending queue of stuff to try to remember and  so, when I need to access  some information, only fragments are there and thus just do not compute.

What was I typing about? Got it. Well, bits of it.

You remember way back when you where in your late twenties? Remember that far back? Remember when you never gave the idea that one day you'd be in your late sixties a second thought because time was going so slowly you'd never actually get there?

Are you of an old age? Yes? Is time going by really quickly for you? Not enough of it is there? Here we are at Friday already and it seems like only yesterday it had only just got to be Thursday, right? And were Wednesday went I've no idea. Then I thought, if I went back to my late twenties right now, keeping my present speed of time, I'm sure that before I got there I'd see myself coming back to be old.

I'm guessing, and it's only a guess, that time will slow down again, pretty dramatically, when we're dead. And a fat lot o' use that'll be to us.

I'm also guessing I need to get out more. Damn! Not enough time left today. Tomorrow then. Or is it tomorrow already? No, it can't be – that was yesterday wasn't it?

Finally, before I forget….. Oh,oh. Got it!! Take a look at this:
India Bans Greenpeace Funding, Suspends Licence. Bravely done that country I say.

Quote;  Dr Seuss.

"How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?"

            Horace Mann.

"Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty diamond minutes. No reward is offered for they are gone forever."

No comments: