18 Feb 2015

And Then A Perfect Gift….

Realising I only had a week to go before her indoors celebrates another birthday, I was frantically going through gift options when I hit upon the perfect item I remembered we she needs so off to the Web-a-net to sus out the best option.

Man, those things are a tad expensive are they not? Then I had one of those, 'I wonder if….' moments and whizzed off to that Amazon place to see if such an 'I wonder if….' item was still available after all this time.

Guess wot, I wonder no longer as, amazingly, they are still available – and very cheap - so the gift is now sorted; a new dust filter for our her aging vacuum cleaner. How lucky is that then? I could've gone to the extravagance of paying extra for postage which would've got her gift here just in time for the big day but, for free, it'll only be a couple of days late and I'm hoping this slight delay will just heighten her excitement as to what it could be. Then, when the time finally comes for her to open the package, I plan to be in another town. Or, preferably, another country.

Just a birthday card to sort now. Easy, as, fortunately, I know which draw she keeps all the cards I've previously presented to her, in their original envelopes, so it's just a matter of plucking one from down the pile a-ways and declare another job well done. How lucky is that then?

I do hope you understand the above is just fun. I mean how mean would that be, re-giving old cards……

Quote;  Anthony Robbins.

“Every problem is a gift - without problems we would not grow.”

            Mary Oliver.

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”

5 comments:

A K Haart said...

"I mean how mean would that be, re-giving old cards……"

It's not mean, it's recycling.

Mac said...

A K Haart,
I didn't think of it like that but it's so obvious I'll go ahead and do it. And feel good about it!

Ripper said...

Shame on you Mac, a dust filter indeed... Why not a nice stainless collander?

Ripper said...

In fact, this reminds me of the time I gave my son an empty box for Christmas. He was mortified to discover that they now make the "Action Man Deserter".

Mac said...

Ripper,
I must admit collanders did cross my mind.
As for the empty box ploy, I could possibly call the filter box a state of the art, top of the range Static De-duster Collander Storage Unit. And then make my way to A & E.