28 Jan 2015

And Then I Experiment….

Straight out of the trap, and kind of spooky after the cell phone post of last night, comes this via Guido Fawkes;
"……one percent of the world’s population bought an iPhone in the three months to 27 December last year.
Apple sold 74.5 million iPhones in that period, which is 1.03% of the world’s 7.2 billion population."

Next up is this. Many, many years ago I tried Acid and after having a root around the other evening I may well start using it again as it's great fun. Say what now? Oh, right. I see what you mean. No, I'm talking, sorry, writing, sorry, typing  about Acid Express.

It's been around for a whole bunch of years so you may well be aware of this cunningly cleaver bit o' kit but if not, it's a program that makes it dead simple to have a go at making your own music just using simple loops. The Express version only gives you ten tracks but, guess what, it's free.

There are many programs out there that do the same, or similar, but for ease of use I remember it couldn't be beat back then.

Way up the top the ways I mentioned rooting around and that I was – on a backup hard drive and that was where I discovered the last surviving track I glued together with Acid. Please! No! Let's be clear here; just Acid Express! Click below after donning head set and giving it a bit o' bass and see what I managed to glue together. If I can do that, having the music making ability of a toad on acid a tambourine, imagine what you folk out there, wot be phar more cleverer than wot I are, could do!! The operative word here being 'imagine'. The second – somewhere up there – is 'fun'.

You're probably wondering why I called that masterpiece  Seven. You're not alone as I have absolutely no idea. In my defence, it was a long time ago.

Have phun…..

Quote;  Imogen Heap.

"Some people think electronic music is cold, but I think that has more to do with the people listening than the actual music itself."

No comments: