14 Aug 2014

And Then I’m Behind….

…. on posting as we’ve continued doing absolutely nothing but we’ve been driving all over the place to find pleasing surroundings to stop and do absolutely nothing.

Then it rained so yesterday was back to normal with her indoors wanting to do some shopping. This was written about last week over at Mr Haart’s place and he noted, in a post, the lack of seating and/or coffee facilities in the big lady stores. Not even a husband drop-off crèche in these malls.

How sad is that? I did, however, head off on my own and found a new vaping shop. I bobbed in and noticed the battery I got a little bit after a while ago priced at twenty pounds. I also noted in the display the same battery, marked as a Mk II, and priced at twenty five pounds.

I enquired of the counter assistant what, exactly, was the difference in the two. He looked down at the display, looked up at me, looked back down at the display, looked back up at me and with a puzzled expression replied, “Five pounds.” I laughed expecting this to be the precursor to a few moments of jolly back and forth banter. Sadly my laughter resulted in an even more puzzled look on the guys face so I can only assume his answer wasn’t jolly shop assistant banter but a genuine answer to my question. Probably a kid ‘doing a bit’ while waiting for his awesome ‘A’ level results before heading off to, like, university. To study politics you think? I didn’t dare ask.

women04

Also of passing interest is  that our Dave has, with good intentions I’m sure, embarked on a mission to bomb the Yazidis with water and food while  Barak O’bang-bang, with the failure of the mountain to go to Mohamed, is dropping bombs in an attempt to stop Mohamed getting to the mountain.

I think anybody who needs a hand should get a hand from anyone willing and able to lend a hand but what I find hard to get my head round is how the decision is reached regarding how and who to help.

If I’ve got this right ‘we’, a sort o’ Christian country just sort o’ watched while Christians were having their churches burned, their houses destroyed and were getting driven out or being killed. Now, when the Yazidis, who, I’m sure you all know, practice an ancient religion linked to Zoroastrianism  and who worship, amongst other things, peacocks, yup, peacocks, we’re in like Flynn.

What we do to each other is all very sad, and pointless,  but of more concern is our Dave starting to state the need to get the Yazidis-come-Zoroastrians to a place of safety. You can guess where that’s leading, right? Lock up your peacocks is my advice.

Doesn’t Zoroastrianism sound suspiciously like Frisbeetarianism: The philosophy that when you die, your soul goes up on a roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)

Quote;  Douglas Coupland.

“...most guys have about 73 calories of shopping energy, and once these calories are gone, they're gone for the day - if not the week - and can't be regenerated simply by having an Orange Julius at the Food Fair.”

No comments: