19 Nov 2013

And Then We Connect….

After spending all yesterday without a mobile phone, or a cell phone, or a smart phone, early this morning I checked the new smart phone and found that, as if by magic or modern technology, it’d smartened up and got itself connected. Thus, unlike yesterday, when I had no way of knowing if anyone was attempting to contact me, today I can confirm nobody was or is trying to contact me. I’ll turn it off now and put in the kitchen draw then.

To conclude yet another phone saga, let’s let James Gregory have the last word….. 

Quote;  Lily Tomlin.

“We don't care. We don't have to. We're the phone company.”

2 comments:

Caratacus said...

Now I have been known to let the occasional wee sweary loose ... now and then, you understand ... and in that light I thought you may appreciate the link below as probably as good a summary as any on the vagaries of "cell-phone" use :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAVIpTwAP4

Mac said...

Has Ol' Joe ever been given a bad line?
For me, 'Good Fellas' is still one of his best. I've linked to this old line before.
Foggy warning!! Timidadians, turn away now!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQBms7m6Sc