4 Nov 2013

And Then A Driver….

No, not another roundabout adventure, a computer adventure.

As previously mentioned, I updater this here laptop from Windows 8 to 8.1, a process that, surprisingly, went without incident. And more surprising, nothing got lost or refused to work after the update. Well done Billy boy!

However, and there’s always an ‘however’ isn’t there? However, over the past week, when I’ve tried that ol’ file transfer via Bluetooth deal, it’s been impossible to hold a connection and all attempts have ended in failure.

This afternoon, upon turning the laptop on, I noticed a little flag waving at me from down the way, bottom right. I clicked on the flag and was presented with a message which went something like this; “Oh boy! At last! I’ve been down here waving this here flag for days! You been trying to use Bluetooth? You didn’t pay attention to the message I gave you right after you updated to 8.1 did you? I’ll try again but this is your last chance. You paying attention? Go here {a blue hyper lookin’ deal} and download new drivers for Bluetooth. WAIT!! WAIT!! There’s more. Download and install. Install’s the important bit, right? Can I leave you on your own now? Pardon? Look, just try, okay? Bu-by!”

I clicked the link and Intel kindly came in and rummaged around in my hard-drive….. What? No, it was painless, told me which driver to download and that was it. Oh, yes, I did install it too.

Bluetooth is a ‘go’ again. So if you face similar problems after getting from 8 to 8.1, check your drivers. You knew? You did all that straight after updating? It was just me wot didn’t, right? Nothing new there then. Bu-by.

Quote;  Banana Yoshimoto.

“You have the nicest window, you know? None of the others can even compete. It´s not flashy like the others, or bleary – your window gives of this nice, quiet light.”

No comments: