14 Oct 2013

And Then An Addition….

Whilst sitting here, sheltering from the weekend of rain and wind, I had a go at watching some government committee or other questioning some government climate fellows. Sort of the converted questioning the conniving. I was absolutely riveted for, oh, I don’t know, thirty seconds? Then went back to the more enjoyable and fun pass-time of putting my head in a sack full of stray cats.

I then turned to a problem I’d found with that tremendously popular part of this site over there to the left the ways. That Stuff You May Like dropdown menu lookin’ thingy.

What I found out, a little bit after a while ago, was that if I clicked on the top link, Alagria, a nice ‘feel good’ piece by the way, nothing happened. However, if I clicked on the second choice it played okay. To complicate things further, if I then stopped that choice and clicked on Alagria, it played.

After some thought, not much, just some, I got the idea to try a blank line in that HTML code stuff. It soon became obvious to me that a blank line was exactly that. Blank and thus totally invisible – as it would be. No change there then but it did point me in the right direction and made my method of solving the problem relatively simple to solve. Insert a text string.

I’m sure this is obvious to all you out there wot are more cleaver than wot I be, and trust me, you don’t have to be even a little bit cleaver to be more cleaverer than wot I be.

Never mind, by inserting a text string, or as us old folk used to call it, a sentence, or as anyone who has recently left the UK educational system would call it, some words in a line, the first word with a big first letter and the last word having a dot after it, it worked. Go on, try it. You know you want to.

Quote;  Mark Twain.

“I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.”

 

No comments: