14 May 2013

And Then It Looks Like Black….

After a couple of days in the company of Google and HTML code of varying levels of complexity, it looks like the drop down menu will, for now, have a fixed text size and be in black.  Nothing worked for me I’m afraid. 

Does this mean I’ve thrown the towel in?  Not at all, but I need a break from it so black it is for now.  Hay, it worked for Mr Ford!

Coincidentally with  the HTML problems, for the past couple of nights and days, I’ve had severe chest pains.  This, at my age, can cause alarm and so I did what I always advise against – searched the symptoms on the Web.

No matter how I adjusted the search criteria, looking for the best, reassuring result, it persisted in presenting an answer which was a tad alarming.  I may have an alien infestation. An alien infestation?  How can that be?  I’ve never even been into outer space or, to put it another way, out into space.

The prospect of having some sort of alien dude festooned with fangs protruding from a dribbly mouth ripping itself out through my chest with long, bony, pointy tipped limbs kind o’ ruined my days.

What to do?  A rummage in the medicine draw drew an almost perfect blank.  Just the one little tablet lookin’ thingy left.  This pill I did take and, within the hour, much to my surprise and delight, it seemed the alien infestation had been dispelled. I rummaged in the rubbish to make a note of the name of the tablet responsible for the unexpected eradication of my alien. Just in case of reoccurrence, you understand.

The tablet? An indigestion and heart-burn tablet.
 
So there you go, if you ever feel you may be the victim of alien infestation, don’t panic. It’s a simple remedy. It’s always the simple remedy those pesky aliens are never prepared for, right Mr Cameron?  

Quote;  Franklin D. Roosevelt.

“Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country.”

No comments: