7 May 2012

And Then, Success….

You will be delighted to learn, although not, I suspect, as delighted and relieved as I was, that the bathroom project was met with wondrous delight from her indoors.

And now changing direction completely, the good Captain has, as ever, another interesting and thought provoking article which I recommend to you all.

Not in any way wishing to make light of your post Captain, but may I humbly make one small point? You differentiate between 'lawful' and 'legal'. Let's take it to its obvious conclusion and and consider the opposites. The difference between 'unlawful' and 'illegal' as taught to me many years ago. Unlawful = against the law, and illegal = a sick bird. What? What now? Hay, is that groaning I can here?

Quote; Mahatma Gandhi.

"An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so."

Winston Churchill.

"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law."

No comments: