12 Feb 2012

And Then A Bit I Forgot….

Remember the flight cancellations an' stuff? I forgot a bit.

The re-booked flight for the next day was leaving from another airport and, much to my surprise, the airline provided a taxi to get me there. Picking me up from home no less.

This meant leaving home, so the taxi booking guy assured me, an hour and a half before check-in time. I advised the taxi booking guy to look out the window, give his head a shake, and arrange the taxi accordingly, two and a half hours before check-in time.

Sadly, this equated to 02:30 o'clock in the morning, AM.

I got up, car came, we left. First rattle out o' the box, the driver informs me, in a 'by the way' sort of way, that he's never been where we're going before. I suggested he turn on his Sat Nav and I just hoped it wasn't the marine model.

Along the motorway the fog was extremely thick and after a while I noticed that, periodically, out of the gloom, four flashing amber lights would become visible. As we got closer through the fog, a word was all lit up inside the four flashing light box. And the word was? FOG. Even right then, I could think of a whole bunch of better ways to spend money other than lighty-up signs you don't see 'till the last minute, owing to fog, to tell you there's fog.

Could it be that if there were no lighty-up FOG signs, and I was thundering along in the fog and ran into the back of a truck, it wouldn't be my fault and I could sue somebody as nobody had warned me it was foggy? Is that where we're at? Is that the reasoning? Please tell me it's not. What? Oh…

Quote; Jack Handy.

“As we were driving, we saw a sign that said 'Watch for Rocks.' Marta said it should read 'Watch for Pretty Rocks.' I told her she should write in her suggestion to the highway department, but she started saying it was a joke - just to get out of writing a simple letter! And I thought I was lazy!”

No comments: