4 Oct 2011

And Then.. Well, Nothing….

For the next few days this boy will be extremely busy. I use the term 'boy' loosely of course. Coupled with this 'work load' is a tad of Bloggers Block. Whatever that is.

Never mind, I'm sure you're all glued to the TV watching our political parties conferences, right? Right. What a brain numbing experience that turned out to be when I tried it. And this is the phrase that sprang to mind, "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

Before I move on, any of you old enough to remember stuff that started like this; 'You are standing at the entrance of a narrow, waist-high tunnel that winds out of sight to the northeast. In your left hand you have a brass lamp…..' Remember those? No pictures, moving or otherwise, just a bit of brain food via text input. Go on – get yourself over there and download the Zork games. You know you miss those happy days. A few more similarish here.

Be well my friends and I'll be seeing you again soon. Assuming you get through the tunnels an' stuff. I feel a bit like our leaders right now as I've just dropped the brass lamp so I'm completely in the dark with no idea what to do next.

Spookily, one of our leaders has just popped up on TV, that nice Mr Fox I believe, saying how the government was listening to the people. From that, it's obvious he dropped his brass lamp some time ago, along with that bit of paper with "The Plot" writ large at the top.

Quote; P. L. Travers.

“A writer is, after all, only half his book. The other half is the reader and from the reader the writer learns.”

No comments: