13 Oct 2011

And Then A Sound In Passing….

No, please, don't get up, I'm not stopping. Just thought I'd drop in and give you a classic bit of sound. Are they good or wot? Of course, as you of an age will remember with gritted teeth, after the USA had finished with him, we had Larry Adler. Why? No doubt about it, he could play that thing, but was he wood or wot? And that big sticky-out, throbbing vein on his forehead; remember that? Seem to remember it used to change sides……

Talking of wood, the sad bit about this clip is the boys seem to be playing to a wooden audience who look like they've got locked in the wrong studio, or they're trying to figure out how to 'hand jive' to the weird music, or they're waiting for the chorus so's they can 'join in'.

Anyhoo, as I pass by, enjoy this classic bit of 'gob-organ' and hooting stuff.

Feet tapping? Bet they are.

Van Morrison used their names in the memorable line, "Sonny Terry; Brownie McGhee……" can't remember the rest. {Note to self; was that pointless or wot? Answer to self; Yup.}

Quote; Stephen Wright.

“I play the harmonica. The only way I can play is if I get my car going really fast, and stick it out the window.”

No comments: