1 Aug 2011

And Then There Were Two Safe And Sounds….

Another long haul out of the way and I'm beat. So beat I wasn't going to post tonight, but this dropped into my 'in' box, from my good buddy Rickey and, sorry Rickey, I couldn't resist pinching and posting. Enjoy. Thanks Rickey, and sorry again.

An officer of the Arizona Department of Safety pulled over pick-up truck owner Mike Murray for a weapons check because of an NRA bumper sticker. When the officer approached the vehicle, the man behind the wheel handed the officer his driver's license, insurance card and concealed carry permit.

The officer took all the documents, looked them over and said, "Mr Murray, I see you have a CCP. Do you have any weapons on your person or in the vehicle?"
Mike replied, "Yes I do. I have a 357 handgun in a hip holster, a 45 in the glove box and a 22 derringer in my boot."

The officer looked at Mike and asked, "Anything else?" "Yes. I have a Mossberg 500 'Persuader' 12 gauge and an AR-15 in the box on the back of the truck."

The officer then asked Mike if he was driving to, or from, a shooting range and Mike said he wasn't doing either, so the officer bent over and looked into Mike's eyes and sarcastically asked, "Mr Murray, you're carrying quite a few guns. May I ask what you're afraid of?"
Mike locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered, "Not a f******g thing."

Quote; Don Henley.

"A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun."

No comments: