28 Feb 2011

And Then There Were Pet Problems….

In case you’ve been wondering where I’ve been the past couple of days, well, right here. All quiet in the cold and wet.

Until this very moment!!

The door bell rings and, as I had nothing better to do right then, I answered the door. I think I’ve been here before, but again, the door didn’t answer so I opened the door.

It was two young guys asking if I’d seen a couple of black dogs as, coincidentally, they’d lost a couple of black dogs. I assured them I hadn’t, but if they were presently pet-less and wanted something to fill the void ‘till the hounds found home, I did have available, at no cost, a little nest of vipers if they were interested. They glanced nervously at each other then assured me they weren’t interested.

They moved on, quickly, manic laughter following them down the street. I closed the door, slowly. A strange meat dish simmers gently on the stove.

After Fridays music choice, wot probably wasn’t to every ones liking, please try this slightly more jolly memory jogger. It jogs my memory in a jolly way anyway. Not sure if it’ll jog your memory jollily.

Quote; Friedrich Nietzsche.

“The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.”

No comments: