21 Feb 2011

And Then There Was Something New….

…….to me anyway.

‘Her indoors’ decided, after catching an advert on TV, she really, really needed a carton of pouring yogurt for her breakfast bowl of crunchy bits.

Pouring yogurt? Really? No, come on. Really?

Let’s go see wot the yogurt counter has to offer. Pouring yogurt? No. Not a chance. It’s lumpy, right?

I quite like the modern yogurts' – those wot taste of fruit an’ stuff. They’re most definitely streets ahead of the revolting, ‘But it’s good for you’, stuff I vaguely remember mother making on occasion. Before we had a TV. Not sure how she made it, but the word rennet rings taste bud warning bells.

Having got the rennet word in my head, a quick Google kind o’ makes me realize why I didn’t like mummies yogurt too much. Assuming rennet was involved.
Rennet is an extract from the fourth stomach of young ruminants, such as cows, goats, and sheep.

Sure don’t remember her telling me that. Also used, it says, in cheese making, and I like cheese. Or I did, up to this point anyway….

Anyhoo, back to the shop. You know what? Pouring yogurt. Right at the front. In milk type cartons. At three times the cost of milk. Hope she likes it. I’ll let you know.

I have stuff to do now; it’s her birthday tomorrow. Okay, okay, I here you, “He’s going to give her pouring yogurt for a present!!” Well I’m not. I have a bucket to gift wrap, remember?

Although, if she likes the pouring stuff, tomorrow evening she could have a glass of the chilled white pouring yogurt thus leaving the wine for me. That’ll work. That’ll work well.


Quote; ??

“Semi-solid dairy product made from partially evaporated and fermented milk. Yogurt is one of only three foods that taste exactly the same as they sound. The other two are goulash and squid.”

No comments: